Agriculture & Nursery Products
Barrier Safety Products
Civil Construction Gabion Baskets and Geotextiles
Dam Lining Solutions
Erosion Control Products
Save Water with Spaarwater
uPVC Fascia, Barge, H-Profiles & Ceiling Boards
Agriculture Weed Control / Landscape Fabric
Plastic Mulch sheeting has been used in the Agriculture industry since the 1950’s. Although being very effective, modern day agriculture weed & landscape fabric offers the agriculture industry more benefits and value.
Agriculture weed and landscape fabrics are permeable fabrics which, when used in association with soil, have the ability to filter, reinforce, protect, or drain. Typically they are made from polypropylene or polyester.
Unlike plastic mulch sheeting, weed & landscape fabric breathes, allowing oxygen and moisture to circulate. The fabric is a woven geotextile which allows water to penetrate the soil directly, helping it reach your plants roots better than plastic sheeting.
Benefits of using weed and landscape fabric:
- It is re-usable and can be easily cleaned with a hose-pipe. This makes the fabric more environmentally friendly as plastic sheeting needs to be removed and discarded.
- The fabric is a non-woven geotextile which allows water to penetrate the soil directly at the plant. With plastic sheeting the water runs off. In effect the fabric saves on water consumption.
- It is designed to allow water and air to pass through but to ensure no sunlight reaches the soil below it. In doing this, it prevents weeds from being able to germinate and grow.
- Reduces Soil Erosion. It also reduces the soil from becoming compacted. This allows roots to enjoy improved oxygen exchange and excellent microbial activity.
- Reduces the labour involved in weeding, and they reduce the need for toxic herbicides.
Contact us for nationwide supply and export quotations; firstname.lastname@example.org, Head Office Tel Nr: 041 453 2818.
REQUEST A QUOTE