Agriculture & Erosion Control
Barrier Safety Products
Civil Construction Gabion Baskets and Geotextiles
Dam Lining Solutions
Save Water with Spaarwater
uPVC Fascia, Barge, H-Profiles & Ceiling Boards
Sealmac Dam Lining System
This economical easy to apply dam lining system is the answer to all your water retaining requirements. Constructed using Sealmac impregnated with 3 coats of a mineral filled latex emulsion sealing compound, it provides a robust, highly elastic bitumen coating that is non-toxic and impervious to water.
It can be used to line new or existing water retaining structures including dam irrigation dams, oxidation ponds, water features, concrete reservoirs and canals.
Where it is used
- Earth irrigation dams
- Concrete Reservoirs
- Oxidation and maturation ponds
- Mining and industrial waste dams
- Concrete and earth canals
- Animal drinking troughs
- Flat Roofs
- Water features and decorative fishponds
- Raw water storage dams
Benefits of the System:
- Low Cost
- Robust, high puncture resistance
- Long Life expectancy
- No tainting or toxicity imparted to water
- Easy, Effective, Flexible, mouldable around any features
- Install by hand using brooms
- Employment of unskilled labour
- Applied at ambient temperatures
- No expensive plant required
- Simple control procedures to ensure quality
- Not dangerously slippery when wet
- Very easy to maintain and/or repair
- High resistance to effluents, acids & UV.
- Acid resistance: unaffected by 30% sulphuric acid at 25°C
- UV resistance: greater than 500 hrs in SABS “
Shapeand compact earth surface.
- Remove any vegetation, stones, sharp objects etc.
- In areas of a high water table install a sub-surface drainage network
- Sprinkle a granular slow-release herbicide over
- Excavate 300 x 300mm anchor trench around dam perimeter.
- Place Sealmac starting with the end of a roll in anchor trench at
midpointof the embankment. Unroll to opposite trench, allowing Sealmac to drape loosely over. site
- Continue Sealmac installation overlapping joints by 200-250mm. Remove any creases at joint intervals.
- Seal joints by applying and undiluted heavy coat of sealing compound to the lower overlap.
- Immediately press down upper overlap and wait to dry. After
alljoints have been done do secondundiluted application over the whole joint.
- First Coat: Impregnate Sealmac with sealing compound (diluted 50/50 with water) at a rate of 1.6ltr/m2. Allow approximately 6-8hours to dry.
- Second Coat: Apply undiluted sealing compound at 1ltr/m2 and allow
to6-8 hours to dry.
- Final Coat: Repeat as for second coat and allow to cure for 72 hours before filling with water.
A layer of washed river gravel can be applied to the wet surface at this stage to achieve a natural stone finish.
Clean tools with water while still wet or paraffin if dry.
Although tested to 15m head a maximum depth of 5mtr is recommended. Embankment slopes should exceed 1:2.
Nonwoven continuous filament double needle punched polyester
1.4mm under 2kPa
8 kN minimum
Greater than 50%
1.4 ltr / m2
3.5mtr x 150mtr