Agriculture & Nursery Products
Barrier Safety Products
Civil Construction Products
Erosion Control Products
Roof Insulation & Ducting
Save Water with Spaarwater
uPVC Fascia, Barge, H-Profiles & Ceiling Boards
DIY Roof Insulation
Insulating your roof, in essence, means keeping your home warmer in winter and cooler in summer. In summer heat is transferred through the ceiling into your home. This causes your home to be uncomfortably hot inside. In winter months, you generate heat inside your home with heaters, aircon’s etc but most of this heat rises and escapes through your roof.There are 2 main ways in which heat is transferred.
Convection refers to the motion of a fluid (be it a gas or a liquid) from a hot place to a cold place. If you pour some hot water into some cold water, the two mix, through convection, until they are both at the same temperature.
Similarly, the air in your home, which is hot, tries to mix with the air outside your house which is cold. Also if you figure that hot air rises, the roof is the most important place to stop it.
Conduction refers to a materials ability to transfer heat through it. A poker in a fire is a good conductor. Touch the poker and it is hot, even the part which is not in the fire. Plastic is a bad conductor. That is why a plastic handle on the poker will reduce how hot it is significantly.
Why choose Envirotuff reflective foil insulation
- Envirotuff is Fire Retardant as required by the new South African National Standards and TIASA (Thermal Insulation Association of South Africa) national building regulation.
- It is a light super strong roof underlay specially formulated for your roof.
- Envirotuff also assists with waterproofing and dustproofing of your home.
- It is a single and double-sided reflective foil with super strong woven Polyethelene reinforcing.
- It will not shrink, crack or delaminate.
- Envirotuff has superior emissivity and reflects at least 95% of radiant heat.
- Envirotuff is Non-Toxic.
- It does not attract rodents
- Safe and easy to install
- Envirotuff 202 is TIASA approved
- Suitable for new and existing homes
- Roll dimension: 1250mm x 36m and 1250mm x 40mtr rolls
How to install Envirotuff in your home
- Lay your Envirotuff across the rafter or purlins with a 150mm overlap.
- Fix the overlap down the battens.
- Under no circumstances should the roof cladding be fixed in direct contact with Envirotuff.
- To ensure optimum performance, Envirotuff should be installed with a minimum adjacent airspace of 25mm.
- For best results, it is recommended that Envirotuff is pulled hand-taut across rafters but not overly so.
- In high wind areas, the use of wind flap panels is recommended.
- Instaling Envirotuff in an existing home is very easy. There are several options available for installation
- Roll down the Envirotuff on top of your ceiling and secure from one side to the other with a staple gun. Cover your whole ceiling with 150mm overlap sheets.
- Roll down the Envirotuff underneath the rafters and secure with a staple gun. Again cover entire roof area with 150mm overlap sheets.
Contact us should you need any further information or contact details for our preferred installer.REQUEST A QUOTE